To position IASSH as a knowledge transformation organisation in Social Science and Health research”
To encourage YOUTH participation and develop knowledge transformation in Social Science and Health Research
- To attain Sustainable Development in capacity building of Youth in Social Science and Health Research leading to growth of IASSH family
READNewsletter:March 2017, Vol.9, No.4
The Indian Association of Social Sciences and Health (IASSH) is a registered society affiliated to the Asia Pacific Network (APNET) of the International Forum of Social Sciences and Health (IFSSH) with secretariat in Istanbul, Turkey. The major objectives of IASSH are to bring together scientists, research scholars, practitioners, and policy makers from various disciplines in one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health care in the country, to strengthen networking with similar organizations in India and abroad, linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers and to initiate measures to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms.
The aims and objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To bring together scientists, practitioners and policy makers from various disciplines to one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health- care in the country.
- To encourage mutual and collective efforts to develop, promote and apply health social sciences to improve health via inter- disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches.
- To access current state and best practices in relation to application of social sciences in health.
- To strengthen networking with other sub-regional, regional and trans-regional organizations linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers.
- To organize seminars, workshops and conferences to enable sharing of research results and experiences relating to social aspects of health.
- To disseminate new theories and innovative inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches for understanding and addressing emerging health problems.
- To initiate steps to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms.
- To publish books, journals and such other literature which would promote the dissemination of knowledge in the field of health social sciences.
- To enable scholars in health social sciences to enlarge their career opportunities and fulfill their professional commitments.