To position IASSH as a knowledge transformation organisation in Social Science and Health research”
To encourage YOUTH participation and develop knowledge transformation in Social Science and Health Research
- To attain Sustainable Development in capacity building of Youth in Social Science and Health Research leading to growth of IASSH family
15th ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF IASSH
Health, Gender and Rural Development:
Research, Practice and Policy
DATES: 16-18 November 2017
Eighth Pre-Conference Workshop on
“Approaches to Social Science Research”
13-15th November 2017
National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad, Telangana
Conference Brochure PDF
Online Abstract Submission Click ....
Last date for submission of abstract
10 August 2017
First Dr. Caldwell Memorial Lecture organized by IASSH is included in the March 2017 Newsletter of PAA (Population Association of America. For details visit CLICK TO READ NESLETTER
Distinguished Demographer Prof. K.Srinivasan (former Director of IIPS, Mumbai) delivered the first Prof. John Caldwell Memorial Lecture on the themeMalnutrition and mortality among children in India: Need for a revisit to ICDS Program
READNewsletter: March 2017, Vol.9, No.4
The Indian Association of Social Sciences and Health (IASSH) is a registered society affiliated to the Asia Pacific Network (APNET) of the International Forum of Social Sciences and Health (IFSSH) with secretariat in Istanbul, Turkey. The major objectives of IASSH are to bring together scientists, research scholars, practitioners, and policy makers from various disciplines in one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health care in the country, to strengthen networking with similar organizations in India and abroad, linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers and to initiate measures to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms.
The aims and objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To bring together scientists, practitioners and policy makers from various disciplines to one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health- care in the country.
- To encourage mutual and collective efforts to develop, promote and apply health social sciences to improve health via inter- disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches.
- To access current state and best practices in relation to application of social sciences in health.
- To strengthen networking with other sub-regional, regional and trans-regional organizations linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers.
- To organize seminars, workshops and conferences to enable sharing of research results and experiences relating to social aspects of health.
- To disseminate new theories and innovative inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches for understanding and addressing emerging health problems.
- To initiate steps to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms.
- To publish books, journals and such other literature which would promote the dissemination of knowledge in the field of health social sciences.
- To enable scholars in health social sciences to enlarge their career opportunities and fulfill their professional commitments.
- 15th Annual Conference Announcement
- 14th Annual Conference Announcement
- CONFERENCES HELD
- 13th Annual Conference Details: Thirteenth Conference
- 13 Conference Report
- 12th Conference Details: Twelveth Conference||| Report
- ELEVENTH CONFERENCE: DECEMBER 26-28 2013
- The Tenth Conference, JNU, CSS,New Delhi, November 21-23, 2012Conference report
- The Ninth conference, Tata Institute of Social Sciences,Deonar,Mumbai,November 24-26,2011
- The Eighth Conference,S.V.University,Tirupati, March 13-15, 2011
- The Seventh Conference in Banaras Hundu University, Varanasi, March 2010
- The Sixth Conference in Pondicherry during March, 2009
- Tthe Fifth conference in Bhubaneswar in April, 2008.
- The fourth conference in Surat in February 2007
- The third conference in Delhi in April 2006
- The second conference in Mumbai in February 2005
- The IASSH held its first conference in Tirupathi in November 2003
click: Here for Join hands with IASSH