To position IASSH as a knowledge transformation organisation in Social Science and Health research”
To encourage YOUTH participation and develop knowledge transformation in Social Science and Health Research
- To attain Sustainable Development in capacity building of Youth in Social Science and Health Research leading to growth of IASSH family
14th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
THEME:Health, Gender and Development: Emerging
Issues and Challenges
Seventh Pre-Conference Workshop on
“Approaches to Social Science Research”
Conference: 23-25 September, 2016
Pre-Conference Workshop: 20-22 September, 2016
In collaboration with :
Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune
LIST OF ABSTRACTS ACCEPTED FOR
YOUTH BEST PAPER AWARD
DOWN LOAD REGISTRATION FORM[.DOC]
JUNE 30, 2016:Last date for receiving Abstract/s (CLOSED).
JULY 15, 2016: Intimation of acceptance of abstracts & Travel Grant .(Completed)
AUGUST 15, 2016 For payment of Conference and Pre Conference Registration Fee.
AUGUST 30, 2016 Submission of Full paper
For Further details visit: Announcement
READNewsletter:June 2016, Vol.9, No.1
The Indian Association of Social Sciences and Health (IASSH) is a registered society affiliated to the Asia Pacific Network (APNET) of the International Forum of Social Sciences and Health (IFSSH) with secretariat in Istanbul, Turkey. The major objectives of IASSH are to bring together scientists, research scholars, practitioners, and policy makers from various disciplines in one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health care in the country, to strengthen networking with similar organizations in India and abroad, linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers and to initiate measures to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms.
The aims and objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To bring together scientists, practitioners and policy makers from various disciplines to one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health- care in the country.
- To encourage mutual and collective efforts to develop, promote and apply health social sciences to improve health via inter- disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches.
- To access current state and best practices in relation to application of social sciences in health.
- To strengthen networking with other sub-regional, regional and trans-regional organizations linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers.
- To organize seminars, workshops and conferences to enable sharing of research results and experiences relating to social aspects of health.
- To disseminate new theories and innovative inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches for understanding and addressing emerging health problems.
- To initiate steps to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms.
- To publish books, journals and such other literature which would promote the dissemination of knowledge in the field of health social sciences.
- To enable scholars in health social sciences to enlarge their career opportunities and fulfill their professional commitments.
- 14th Annual Conference Announcement
- CONFERENCES HELD
- 13th Annual Conference Details: Thirteenth Conference
- 13 Conference Report
- 12th Conference Details: Twelveth Conference||| Report
- ELEVENTH CONFERENCE: DECEMBER 26-28 2013
- The Tenth Conference, JNU, CSS,New Delhi, November 21-23, 2012Conference report
- The Ninth conference, Tata Institute of Social Sciences,Deonar,Mumbai,November 24-26,2011
- The Eighth Conference,S.V.University,Tirupati, March 13-15, 2011
- The Seventh Conference in Banaras Hundu University, Varanasi, March 2010
- The Sixth Conference in Pondicherry during March, 2009
- Tthe Fifth conference in Bhubaneswar in April, 2008.
- The fourth conference in Surat in February 2007
- The third conference in Delhi in April 2006
- The second conference in Mumbai in February 2005
- The IASSH held its first conference in Tirupathi in November 2003
click: Here for Join hands with IASSH