ELEVENTH CONFERENCE OF INDIAN ASSOCIATION FOR SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HEALTH
FOURTH PRE CONFERENCE WORKSHOP ON "APPROACHES TO SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH"
in Collaboration with
School of Public Health
SRM UNIVERSITY, SRM Nagar Kattankulathur, Kancheevaram (Dt) Tamil Nadu-603 203
Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org|| ||email@example.com||Web site: http://www.iassh.org
Conference: 26-28, DECEMBER 2013
Pre ConferenceWorkshop : 23-25, DECEMBER,2013
ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR ABSTRACT|| HOME || REGISTRATION FORM || TA FORM WORD PDF|| TRAVEL ITINERARY FORM ||How to reach SRM|| MAP|| || Guidlines for Full paper submission||
Theme:HEALTH TRANSITION,SOCIAL CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT
Programme Schedule|| ||SYMPOSIUM PRESENTATION SCHEDULE|| ||ORAL PRESENTATION SCHEDULE|| ||POSTER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE|| ||YOUTH BEST PAPER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE||Eleventh Conference Report
The Indian Association of Social Sciences and Health (IASSH)is a registered society. The major objectives of IASSH are to bring together scientists, research scholars, practitioners, and policy makers from various disciplines in one forum to explore and work in the areas of social and cultural dimensions of illness, health and health care in the country, to strengthen networking with similar organizations in India and abroad, linking social scientists, health scientists, health activists and policy makers and to initiate measures to evolve an equitable health care system in the country through appropriate and affordable health sector reforms. VISIT:IASSH webstie
- Knowledge sharing of research results and experience relating to social aspects of Health ,Social change and Development
- Identifying the issues and assessing the current status of Health and human Development
- Evolving suitable methods for measuring the Interrelation between Health system, transition leading to development of the society
- Dissemination of new theories and policies to address emerging issues of Health system and suggest stratagies leading to social Development
- To understand interrelations between Health and Industrial development leading to social change
- S1. Epidemiological Transition and its relevance to Health and Development Policies
- S2. National Rural Health Mission (NRHM): Assessment
- S3. Health and Well-being of Elderly
- S4. Women, Child Health, and Social Development
- S5. Impact of Socio-economic Changes on Health (at macro level)
Topics of Technical Sessions:
- T1. Health Transition and Disease Burdens
- T2. Health Transition and Disability
- T3. Health Transition and Health Care Delivery System
- T4. Health Care System and Public Finance
- T5. Transformation in Public Health to Preventive Health Care
- T6. Health Transition and Alternative Systems of Health Care
- T7. Role of Panchayatiraj Institutions in Primary Health Care
- T8. Migration and Urban Health
- T9. Urban Health and Social Development
- T10. Social Change and Rural Development
- T11. Social Change and socio-economic Disparities in Health
- T12. Health System Management and Social Development
- T13. E-health and Social Change
- T14. Health and Industrial Development (Micro,Small and Medium industries)
POSTER SESSION P1,P2,P3
Topics to be covered in the Pre-conference Workshop:Introduction to Social Science Reesarch, Selection and Definition of Research Problem, Approaches in Quantitative and Qualitative Research, Methods of collection of qualitative and quantitative Data, and development of tools, Quantative data analysis using SPSS, Qualitative Data analysis using Atlas-ti, Writing Research Proposal, Thesis writing ,presentation skills.
Call for Abstracts:Abstract of papers on topics relevant to the Technical themes are invited from those who want to present papers at the conference. There will be two best research paper awards to the young scholars less than 30 years of age, should be single author research paper. Interested young scholars should submit abstract of paper and mention "For Young Scientist Research paper award". Apart from the Young Scientist Research paper award, in the present conference there will be two “best poster award” for the poster presentations. Oral presenters will be given about 8 minutes time and are advised to organise their presentation accordingly ( use maximum of 10-12 slides only).
Submission of Abstracts:Abstract should be submitted through on line:CLOSED
Note: Preference will be given to M.Phil/Ph.D scholars with basic understanding of research methods for the pre-conference workshop registration.
Non-Refundable Registration Fee Type of Participants Early Bird :
December 10, 2013
Spot Registration 1. Conference Registration Fee: (Per person) : : : Member Rs.1500 Rs.2000 Rs.3500 Non Members Rs.3000 Rs.3500 Rs.4000 Accompanying Person (Spouse and Children)** Rs.1500 Rs.1750 Rs.2000 2. Pre-Conference Workshop Registration fee: : : With accommodation Rs.1000 Rs.2000 Rs.3000 Without accommodation Rs800 Rs.1000 Rs.3000 3.Overseas Participants $100 $120 $150
**Efforts will be made to accommodate the Accompanying Person/s if registered earlier.Children above 5 years will be considered as accompaying person.
Registration fee Payment:
Filled Registration form along with Non Refundable fee by DD drawn in favour of Secretary, IASSH or AT PAR cheque or MULTY CITY CHEQUE payable at Mumbai to be sent to the following address:Those who want more comfortable accommodation can stay in nearby hotels on payment basis for which the Local Organizing Committee will extend their co-operation.
Dr. D.P.Singh, (Treasurer, IASSH), Chair Person & Professor, Centre for Research Methodology, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai-400088 firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Grant may be awarded to Presenters of selected abstracts (Oral,or Poster or Pre Conference Workshop participants) which include to and fro second-class or III tier AC rail fare. Decision of award of travel grant rests with the review committee on the basis of available funds. Please explore the possibility of obtaining TA/DA from your parent organizations, which will facilitate more participation of young scholars.
July 15, 2013:Last date for receiving Abstract/s.
August 31, 2013: Intemation of acceptance of abstracts & Travel Grant .
October 31, 2013: Last Date for payment of Conference and Pre Conference Registration and Full-length Paper.
For Registration WITH LATE FEE--see above table
Web site:http://www.iassh.org || http://iassh.blogspot.com e-mail: email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro-Vice Chancellor,SRM University,
Kattankulathur,Tamil Nadu-603 203, India
Dean, School of Public Health,
SRM University, Kattankulathur,Tamil Nadu-603202,India
Organizing Joint Secretary
Geetha Veliah, & Dr.B.Kalpana
Assistant Professors,School of Public Health,
SRM University,Kattankulathur ,
Kancheepuram District , Tamil Nadu-603202,India ,
Ph:91 99403 72532 ; Ph: 9884802421
School of Public Health III Floor, Medical College,
SRM University, SRM Nagar,
Kattankulathur-603203, Near Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Dr. C. P. Prakasam President, IASSH email@example.com
- Dr. U. V. Somayajulu Vice President, IASSH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. S.Siva Raju Secretary, IASSH, email@example.com
- Dr. D.P.Singh Treasurer, IASSH, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download:||Registration Form || TA FORM WORD PDF|| TRAVEL ITINERARY FORM || How to reach SRM|| MAP||Guidlines for Full paper submission||
Programme Schedule|| ||ORAL PRESENTATION SCHEDULE|| ||POSTER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE|| ||YOUTU BEST PAPER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE||Eleventh Conference Report||